Saturday, September 24, 2011

New Apartment, new adventures!


It's been way too long! Moved back to San Francisco, got my own apartment, got a new microwave oven, new adventures!

I've actually been cooking and baking less now that I'm working full-time. I never knew it would take so much time and energy out of me. And there so many good food in the city just a short bus ride or walk away....why do I even need to cook?? Just kidding....

My first baking project in my new apartment was baked macaroni and cheese. YUMMM!!!

Preheat oven to 350.
Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish.
In a large pot of salted water, lightly boil the macaroni for about 5 minutes until half-cooked.
Whisk the egg and milk together in a large cup. Add butter and cheese to the egg and milk. Stir well.
Place the lightly cooked macaroni in the prepared baking dish. Pour the egg and cheese liquid over the macaroni, sprinkle with tons of salt and pepper, and stir well. Press the mixture evenly around the baking dish.

Bake uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the top is brown.

1 comment: