Saturday, March 26, 2011

Thorough Bread and Pastry in SF





This is truly the best and most delicious pastry cafe ever. Every pastry I eat elsewhere after coming to this cafe is nothing compared to it. I don't even know if that's a good or bad thing, I feel a lot pickier in pastries! First of all, the pastry cafe is affiliated with the SF Baking Institute which is pretty legit already. But the ambiance, service, and the fooood (my gosh the fooooood!!) makes it even more amazing. Big huge thanks to by boyfriend for introducing me to this place.

There's indoor seating and an outdoor patio in the back which is pretty cute. It's like a secluded backyard except with tables and chairs. I recommend going earlier in the day when they have everything out. My boyfriend and I went for a second time to get their Vol au Vent, which is this orgasmic amazing savory flaky pastry with mushrooms and béchamel (you should look that up). But anyway, we went in the late afternoon...maybe 3-4ish and they already ran out!! UGHHH we were sooo looking forward to it, went all the way there just for that. But that's ok, I tried their savory bread pudding instead which is amazing also. The first time I went, I got the rustic tart along with the mushroom pastry. My boyfriend got the almond croissant which is so good! I've tried almond croissants from 3 different places, Thorough's is by far the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment