Saturday, March 26, 2011

Baked Basa Fillet


After 5 days of fast food, ramen, and ketchup over rice, I finally had the time to make myself a decent meal for dinner.

Got the basa fillet fish from Superiors across the street and searched for recipes to try. I've cooked basa fillet fish before- the easy way. Just spread salt and pepper on both sides and pan fried it with olive oil. I never baked a fish before so I decided to give it a try.

I chopped parsley (which I ended up putting too much that it was so strong), mixed it in a bowl with bread crumbs, flour, garlic salt, and pepper. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. After dipping the fish in lemon juice, I dipped it into the mixed bowl to cover the fish. Spread olive oil on the foil then I wrapped it in aluminum foil, placed on a baking pan and let it bake for 20 mins. (This recipe is meant to include parmesan cheese in the mix too which I'm sure would have made it 10 times better...but I'm still lactose intolerant.)

Came out delicious! Added some parsley for decoration. Cooked spinach and mushroom as sides then WAH-LAH!


No comments:

Post a Comment