Saturday, March 26, 2011

Tomato Basil Bruschetta, Sirloin Steak w/Mushrooms, Lime Cilantro Rice, Strawberry Tart


A full three course meal! :] My friends and I made dinner together tonight. Twas nice :]

Appetizer: Tomato Basil Bruschetta
I've been wanting to make tomato bruschetta for the longest time after my best girl friend made it for dinner one time. I finally bought tomato and french bread for it! I mixed chopped tomatoes, basil, black pepper, garlic salt, olive oil together in a bowl. Cut the french bread in 3/4 inch slices. Spread olive oil on one side of the bread, which will be faced down on the aluminum foil. Then put it in the oven at 450 degrees for 6 minutes! It was delicious!!

Lime Cilantro Rice
I love cilantro! I bought it yesterday so I wanted to make anything and maybe even everything I can with cilantro while it's still fresh. (I found a way to keep it fresh for two weeks btw!) So I decided to make lime cilantro rice! First of all, the kind of rice you buy makes a huge difference. I used to buy long grain rice to save money but it's never as good as the Asian rice which costs a little more. Always buy Asian rice, it maybe costs a few bucks more but it's worth it. This pictured right here is jasmine rice. I cooked it in a rice cooker. After it's done, I mixed lime juice and cilantro into the rice. There ya go! It's yummilicious! If you like Chipotle rice, you'll like mine ;]

Entree: Sirloin Steak with Mushrooms and Onions
Feeling for steak and absolutely love mushrooms! Just season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Then throw some onions onto the pan and pan-fry the steak with olive oil! Delicious!

Dessert: Strawberry Tart
Delicious strawberry sweetness! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment