Thursday, December 2, 2010

Authentic Italian in North Beach

This is my newest favorite Italian restaurant, Cafe Maria, located in San Francisco's North Beach neighborhood. The owners are extremely welcoming and friendly. The restaurant is famous for their seafood. They get it fresh every morning so make sure to get a dish with seafood! We were walking in North Beach, the Italian district, looking for a restaurant to have dinner...we came upon this one and was looking at their menu outside. A family just came out the door and said how great their food is. And the owner happens to be sitting right outside too! He said, come on in, if you don't like the food, you don't have to pay. My boyfriend and I looked at each other...why not! When we went there, it was pretty empty, probably because it was past 9 pm and it's a Sunday night. The Yelp reviews ( checked them out when we got home) say it gets pretty crowded but I'm glad it was empty...felt like my boyfriend set it up and reserved the whole restaurant just for us. Great prices and delicious food? Best and most romantic dinner :)

This is our dessert on the house. The owner is so generous! Absolutely delicious tiramisu, the best I've ever had. It's actually the owner's grandma's recipe. Seriously, it was like dessert orgasm.
I ordered the clam and mussels pasta with homemade tomato sauce. Great portions of clams and mussels with delicious pasta! My boyfriend had the spinach ravioli with tomato cream sauce. I didn't taste it but it looks amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment