Sunday, December 12, 2010

Green Tea Bread


What I intended to make was a moist soft green tea cake...but it turned out to be more of a bread. BUT it tastes great! I brought it in to a potluck and people said it tasted delicious :) 

Here is the recipe I used:
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
5 teaspoons powdered green tea
1 1/4 cups white sugar
3/4 cup veggie oil
3 eggs
1 cup plain yogurt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350. Mix flour, baking soda, salt and green tea powder into a big bowl. In another bowl, mix sugar, oil, and eggs together. Add vanilla extract to the mixture. In the flour mixture, add in the yogurt. Mix well for both bowls and then combine them together and mix. I baked it 7 x 11 pan, originally for about 35 minutes. The color looked great, I turned off the oven and decided to leave it in there because the center didn't come out completely dry. Left it in there for about 10 minutes or so...the color turned brown, inside and out. I got a green tea bread instead of a cake. 
  •  


No comments:

Post a Comment