Thursday, December 2, 2010

Perfect birthday treats



Who wouldn't like cheesecake bars with strawberry on top or strawberry creme brulee for their birthday right?? ;] I made these for my friend for her birthday with the help of my roomie. These are white chocolate lemon cheesecake and creme brulee. The creme brulee tastes way better than it looks, trust me. It was me and my roomie's first time...so that's how it turned out :P. 

Surprisingly, creme brulee is extremely easy to make! 
2 cups heavy whipping cream
5 egg yolks
1/2 cups sugar
1 tbs vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 275. It would be better to have those creme brulee bowls...but since we don't have any, we used the aluminum pans. Put it in a water bath, it's best to use hot water. Stick it in the oven with the water bath pan for about an hour. Continue to check if it's done after that every 10 minutes. I had it in for about 2 hours...a little bit overdone. Next time, I'll try 1.5 hours. 

Let it cool, fridge it.

To make the glazed sugar top:
sprinkle a tin layer of light brown sugar on top of the creme brulee. Put it in the broiler for about 1-2 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment