Thursday, December 2, 2010

Homemade red bean popsicle

I remember my grandparents used to make these when I was a kid. These were the perfect treats for the summer, also pretty heathy and not too sweet. I wanted to eat them again so I decided to make them myself. 

Just freeze red bean soup. 

To make the soup:
Boil 8 cups of water with 1 cup of red beans. After they are boiled and soft, let it simmer for about 1.5 hours. Turn off the heat. Add 1/2 cup white sugar to mix. Let it cool a bit and there's your red bean soup. Now to make the popsicle, you can puree the red beans soup in a blender first or just pour them into an ice cube tray. I like having the whole red beans in the popsicle, so I just poured it in. Let it freeze for about 20 minutes, stick in toothpicks as the popsicle stick, and leave it in the freezer. There ya go!

No comments:

Post a Comment